Noble County Petty Theft Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Petty Theft Charges in Ohio
When facing a petty theft charge in Ohio, you need a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer to protect your rights and defend your case. At Cross Law Office, LLC, our team of skilled legal professionals handles petty theft cases in Noble County. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of representation to our clients. If you're searching for a Noble County petty theft lawyer who can help you navigate the complexities of the legal system, look no further.
Call Cross Law Office, LLC today at (740) 997-2004 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our petty theft attorney in Noble County!
What is Petty Theft?
Petty theft, or petit theft, is a criminal offense involving the unlawful taking someone else's property or money without their consent. In Ohio, petty theft is governed by state laws and is defined under Ohio Revised Code § 2913.02. This offense is generally a misdemeanor, but the severity of the charge can vary depending on the value of the stolen property or services.
Petty theft can encompass many actions, including shoplifting, stealing personal items, or taking money from another person's wallet. Whether you're facing a minor shoplifting incident or more serious theft allegations, our Cross Law Office, LLC team has the experience and expertise to assist you throughout the legal process.
What are the Penalties for Petty Theft in Ohio?
The penalties for petty theft in Ohio depend on the value of the stolen property or services. Ohio classifies petty theft offenses as follows:
- Petty Theft (Misdemeanor): If the value of the stolen property or services is less than $1,000, it is generally considered a misdemeanor. The penalties for this offense may include fines, restitution, probation, and up to 180 days in jail.
- Petty Theft (Felony): If the value of the stolen property or services exceeds $1,000, it can be charged as a felony. Felony petty theft carries more severe consequences, including potential imprisonment and substantial fines.
It's important to note that a petty theft conviction can have long-lasting consequences beyond the immediate legal penalties. A criminal record can affect your employment opportunities, housing options, and reputation in the community. That's why it's crucial to seek legal representation from a skilled Noble County petty theft lawyer who can help minimize the impact of these charges on your life.
Defenses Against Petty Theft Charges
Defending against petty theft charges requires a thorough understanding of Ohio's laws and a strategic approach tailored to your case. Our legal team at Cross Law Office, LLC has successfully represented numerous clients facing petty theft allegations, employing various defenses, including:
- Lack of Intent: One common defense is demonstrating that you did not intend to steal or mistakenly take the property without realizing it.
- Mistaken Identity: If you were wrongly identified as the perpetrator, we can help gather evidence to prove your innocence.
- Property Ownership: We can investigate whether you had a valid claim to the property or services in question, which may establish a legal defense.
- Procedural Errors: We'll examine the details of your arrest and the evidence collection to identify any procedural errors or violations of your rights that may lead to the dismissal of charges.
- Negotiating Plea Deals: In some cases, we may negotiate with the prosecution to reach a plea agreement that reduces the charges or penalties you face.
Contact Our Noble County Petty Theft Attorney Today
Facing petty theft charges in Ohio can be a daunting experience, but you don't have to navigate the legal system alone. At Cross Law Office, LLC, our dedicated team of legal professionals is here to offer you the guidance, support, and skilled representation you need to fight these charges. Whether you're dealing with a misdemeanor or felony petty theft allegation, we have the knowledge and experience to mount a strong defense on your behalf.
Contact Cross Law Office, LLC today to schedule a consultation with our petty theft lawyer in Noble County!
“Amazing Experience”“They contact you in a very timely manner taking care of whatever is needed from phone calls to any process of your need, taking care of you as known them, more than just a person on the other end of the phone.”- Kelly M
“Not Guilty!”“Very knowledgable Lawyer. Proud to say "Not Guilty", all charges.”- Richard
“I truly consider him a friend for life.”“Mr. Cross was fair and reasonable in everyway and lead me to the eventual result I could have only dreamed of.”- Steve
“If I ever need a lawyer again, he's the man I'm going to.”“He is very understanding and I feel like he always has my best interests in mind.”- Joey
“Highly recommend!”“I have reached out to Mr. Cross on two occasions for separate issues and he has been very good to work with.”- Brad O.
“I would most definitely recommend them for any legal situation.”“Great amazing people that do everything they possibly can to help their clients out.”- Joshua G.
“I was lucky to have him.”“Great receptionists and an extremely professional and well groomed lawyer!”- Johnathan B.