Serving the Accused in Morgan, Washington, Guernsey, and Belmont Counties
Cross Law Office provides clients with attentive and reliable representation to navigate Ohio’s criminal justice system. You may, understandably, be facing overwhelming emotions and stress, but rest assured that our skilled attorneys can walk you through the process, ensuring that your side of the story is told. Our team never backs down from a challenge and use our considerable resources and knowledge to every client’s advantage. Whether you’ve been pulled over, arrested, or accused of a crime, trust their attorneys for defense solutions tailored to your unique circumstances.
We represent clients facing the following criminal matters:
- Drug crimes
- Domestic violence cases
- Theft crimes, including burglary and robbery
- Traffic violations
- Sex crimes
After an arrest, consult with Cross Law Office to discuss your legal options. Call (740) 997-2004 or fill out our secure online contact form to get started.
Why Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
A criminal defense attorney plays a critical role – both in and out of court – in the outcome of your case, and your experience through the legal justice system. At Cross Law Office, our attorneys will:
- Discuss the information related to your situation. This will help your lawyer form a defense strategy addressing the issues at hand.
- Examine your case. Beyond discussing the facts of the situation, your attorney will also conduct extensive investigations of serious cases, which may include addressing police officers, witnesses, and experts. We can also study the prosecution’s case to construct a case against the charges.
- Review the evidence. This might involve collecting witness and police statements, as well as independently testing evidence.
- Engage in plea bargaining if it Is right for your situation. In certain circumstances, prosecutors will issue a lenient sentence to defendants in exchange for their cooperation or admission of guilt. This option is not always in the defendant’s best interests, however, such as if the accused is innocent or the prosecution lacks the evidence to prosecute the case. In such a situation, we will aim to dismiss the charge or proceed to trial, which may be a more favorable option.
- Represent the defendant at trial. This includes arguing on behalf of the defendant and acting in the courtroom as their legal voice, as well as hearing testimonies while in court, speaking with jurors, and cross-examining witnesses and experts. At Cross Law Office, we do not shy away from trial and will do what it takes to stand up for your rights and best interests.
The criminal penalties upon conviction for any charge could result in jail time and fines, among other penalties. For instance, even a misdemeanor, regarded as a “less serious” crime, of simple assault is punishable by months in county jail and/or fines, probation, and restitution. Certain offenses could also become “aggravated,” resulting in felony penalties, which could amount to years in prison and higher fines. In either case, you may be left with a criminal record, which can hinder your ability to obtain housing, loan, education, and other opportunities.
Quality legal representation, however, could help to reduce or mitigate the penalties you face, if not dismiss them outright. Don’t risk the criminal penalties without putting up a fight; let Cross Law Office put our experience and advocacy skills to use as we defend your case in court.
If I ever need a lawyer again, he's the man I'm going to.
“He is very understanding and I feel like he always has my best interests in mind.”
“I have reached out to Mr. Cross on two occasions for separate issues and he has been very good to work with.”
I would most definitely recommend them for any legal situation.
“Great amazing people that do everything they possibly can to help their clients out.”
We highly recommend him.
“He makes time for you & he listens & cares about his clients.”
I truly consider him a friend for life.
“Mr. Cross was fair and reasonable in everyway and lead me to the eventual result I could have only dreamed of.”
Attorneys at our firm have a deep knowledge of the legal system reinforced by the resources and client-focused mindset our clients need and deserve. Once we take on your case, we will take immediate action to help you mitigate the associated risks and consequences as best as we can.
It is in your best interest to hire a criminal defense lawyer, as failing to do so can lead to a host of consequences. It is never in your best interest to answer police questioning without an attorney present, as even a simple statement can lead to self-incrimination. A lawyer can better help you decide on your best legal options, especially when you are already struggling to juggle the immediate consequences of being charged. We are also not afraid of going to court and fighting for your defense from the start of your case to its conclusion. From arguing for mitigated sentencing alternatives to seeking dismissal of your charges, Cross Law Office is here to guide you to the light at the end of the tunnel.
Schedule a consultation online or by calling (740) 997-2004 to learn more about your defense options.
Accessible & Easy to Contact
A Team that Doesn't Back Down
Dedicated Time & Research to Defend You
Reliable & Accessible in Your Time of Need
Extensive Resources to Tackle Each Case